Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Opener

It was the Houston Astros home opener yesterday. This was their first home game since winning the World Series last October...er, I think it was actually November. Anyway, they were giving out their championship rings and putting up the championship banner at the stadium and all that. So, it was kind of a big deal.

Having a winning sports team in town helps generate some revenue for TV stations a bit (though not nearly as much as those who want you to buy them a new stadium with their taxes want you to think), so my station decided that we would do an opening day party for the staff, and they wanted us to wear our favorite Astros gear. Here's what I wore:

Sorry, my selfie skills suck.

Now, you might be asking yourself what the hell this Marvel Comics shirt has to do with the Astros. Well, tell me there isn't a likeness to this awesome throwback:

No comments: