Monday, October 21, 2019

Seriously?

I know I'm always harping on crap like this, and it surely gets tiresome, but can we get these freakin' food companies to quite with the up is down, white is black, day is night kind of descriptions of their food? Please?

I saw these "health" bars at the grocery store the other day, and couldn't help but chuckle.


The Elevation bar has the nerve to subtitle itself as the Better For You Bar. Seriously? Look at it. They have chocolate chips piled on top of it, and they want us to believe that it's better for us. Are we all dumb enough to believe that?

I suppose it all depends what they are comparing it to. A bar of raw sewage would surely be worse for your health...okay, you don't have to go that far. A regular candy bar, like a Milky Way or Snickers is probably slightly worse for you.

Right on the front of the box, it touts itself as being healthy by listing its stats. It's got 15 grams of protein. Of course just below that you see that it has 16 grams of sugar. In case you were wondering, 16 is more than 15. They shouldn't call it a protein bar, they should call it a sugar bar.

16 grams of sugar is 4 teaspoons...more than a tablespoon, which is only 3 teaspoons. Can you imagine taking a big old overflowing tablespoon of sugar, eating it plain, and then proclaiming yourself to be eating healthy? Such friggin' BS.

Funny thing is that a few years ago, I was dumb enough to be eating protein bars and still consider myself trying to be healthy.

Just ditch the carbs folks. Meat heals. It's my five month anniversary of starting into the carnivore diet today. My life has changed so much in the past five that I can't believe I'm the same person. And I'm not even done yet. I've still got a great deal of changes ahead. I'm loving every minute of it.

I'm sure the idea sounds crazy to you, but give it a chance. How has the carb heavy diet served our society after all. Maybe we got it wrong. Look into it, and it may change your life too.

No comments: