Friday, January 29, 2021

I Got Hacked!

The other night, I came home from work. Everyone was in bed, asleep already. I wasn't quite ready to hit the sack myself yet, so I went to my study and sat down at my computer. A weird image was onscreen. It wasn't the usual desktop, but with the kids using my computer on the regular, I often see things that aren't the usual when I get on my computer. I hit the space bar, expecting it go to the log in screen, but instead, I got a message from hackers!

Let me show you what I saw, I have a video of it:

LOAD VIDEO TO BA CHANNEL

I didn't think that my computer had been hacked for very long, of course, because my son had misspelled the work hack as hak. It was obviously the work of a kid that was only about nine years old. It did make me smile, however. I couldn't help but laugh imagining him setting this ruse up for me.

He'd made a PowerPoint presentation using the Google Slides app (which he learned in school). He found several GIFs that would look like a hack attempt (or at least what they would use in a movie to represent a hack attempt), and then he set that project to present mode, and went to bed. I'm sure he giggled and giggled in bed as he imagined me trying to figure out what was going on when I got home. 

It was just too cute.

No comments: