Thursday, January 21, 2021

Anklecast 44: Active Shooter Training and Date Night

I swore I was going to do it. You didn't think I would. In fact, you warned me not to, but I did it anyways. I made another episode of the Anklecast.

Today's story is "Active Shooter Training." Oh, and I also threw in a little bitty story as an appetizer called "Date Night."

After the stories, I talk a little bit about my goals for the year. I suppose I really ought to do a post where I put them out for all to see and hold me accountable. I guess, watch for that.

Anyhow, here's the Anklecast. The video is really blurry, because there was some kind of schmutz on the lens. I decided that I would just post it as is, because re-doing the episode might take me too long, and it's better to have something rather than nothing. I'll be sure to wipe off any schmutz next time.

Or, if you hate my face...and the blurry picture, you could just listen to the audio of the episode here.

You can download it HERE by right-clicking and choosing "save target".

Or feel free to subscribe to the podcast feed by clicking the button over on the right hand side.

2 comments:

Journey Into... said...

I have heard "Date Night" before, I think on the Dunesteef, maybe with a different title. And I had read "Active Shooter Training" on this very blog. But it was great to hear them! I like your publishing goals. I need to write more before I think about publishing.

nuremon said...

Marshall beat me to the comment, but I distinctly remember the punchline from Date Night because you guys played the song with it. I think you’re right about it being 13 nights of Halloween one year.
I definitely read the Active Shooter Training on your blog a couple years ago because it wasn’t long after I had taken that training at my work. I love how you incorporated actual items from the training as talking points in your story, including the personality shift and and other red flags.
Keep up the good work, it’s great to have you back.