Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Skull Team Six

I haven't watched Toy Galaxy much in a while, because he changed his channel away from reviewing toys to doing the history of 80s TV shows instead. That doesn't turn me off per se, but he's already done all of the shows that I really liked in the 80s, and now he's doing shows that I've never heard of.

However, one thing he still does from the good old days is making his top ten toys of the year videos. He puts out all the toys that he's bought during the year, and winnows them down to his top ten favorites of all.

He does this each quarter, then at the end of the year he makes the final decision. I watched the final video of the year the other day, and saw a toy in his list that I'd never seen before, but I really liked.

Here he is talking about the figure:

It was a really cool guy, with a helmet that looks like a skull. It would be perfect to put right alongside these guys at Halloween.

I got those guys years ago, and thought they went great together, but now I wanted to add another member to the Skull Faces...to the Skullies...I don't know. I haven't got a good name for them yet. Feel free to suggest some.

I went to Target, where I had seen those new Fortnite guys, and I found that Midas Rex was still available, so I grabbed me one.



He comes with a regular head which makes me think of Rami Malik when he was the villain on the bond movie.


It's like it's the same head, but differently disfigured, a scar over the eye instead of a burned face.

I've had fun putting him into cool poses. He's a really interesting looking guy. Even my daughter thought he was neat. She saw him sitting on my desk, took that picture you see above, and sent it to me with this text:

Might be trouble, though. Now I'm looking at all the other figures out there that have skull faces, and I want them to add to my Skully team.


No comments: