Friday, February 2, 2024

 Star Wars: The Christmas Awakens                                                                                                      

I was at Ross again the other day (how many hundreds of times have I opened a post with that phrase), although this time I didn't even go there for toys. My wife wanted me to get a suit jacket for formal night on an upcoming cruise we are going to, and we were hoping to find one at Ross for cheap.

Well, we found a thing or two, but most of all, I found toys. I'm always looking for them, of course, but I never expected what I came across this time:

Looks like somebody was unloading their Star Wars Holiday Edition figures. I've been wishing I could find some of these figures in the wild, much less be able to afford them, and all of the sudden I get both at once.

In one of those early posts about the Star Wars Holiday Edition toys, I mentioned how I would love to get these guys, and if I did, I would build an Endor bunker, and make it look like it was made of gingerbread, then pose these guys in front of it. Now it looks like I have to live up to that promise, because here they are.

They come with some little buddies, like all the Holiday Editions do. This one gets a stupid porg in each package.

Yup. Cheesy-ass porgs dressed in Santa suits. Fun, I guess, if that's what you're into. I feel like the porgs should get the treatment that Chewie gave them. Roasted over the barbecue pit.

I'm pretty dang excited about these guys though. I can't believe I found two, let alone one. That bunker is on its way. I'll definitely put up a post about it when I make it too. See you then.

No comments: