Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Give Me Sight Beyond Sight

We were at the Japan Festival last weekend, and one of the booths was all different kinds of swords to choose from. They were mostly katanas for people who wanted to pretend to be ninjas. There were several anime swords and video game swords as well. My son was pretty interested in the Zelda swords, because he's a huge fan of that game. He's tried making his own foam versions of those swords several times over the years.

There was only one sword that was familiar to me, though. The neat part about it was that this wasn't a foam or plastic sword. This thing was made of actual metal. Check it out:

"Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight."

Yes, at a risk of being further mocked by Rish Outfield, I took a picture of myself with the Sword of Omens from The Thundercats. I have to say, it was a pretty awesome sword. I looked, but they didn't have the He-Man sword (Does that thing have a name?).

It was almost completely made of metal. I was impressed. It felt really solid and high quality. It wasn't even as expensive as I would have thought. That sticker you can see on the blade says it costs $119.95. That seems like a good deal for a metal sword of that size. Then again, I've never bought a sword before, so I have no idea. It might actually be an outrageous price taht no one would ever pay.

No comments: