Saturday, September 28, 2024

Halloween Decorations Post #3

Okay, I was thinking today I could try to include the shots of all the figures that come from horror films. I've acquired a few of those figures since the last time that I put up the decorations. First, there's this Mego version of Dracula from the Hammer Films Dracula movie.

The coffin I made him coming out of was actually a box of candy of some sort or another that we got a few years back. It was cool enough that I figured I'd save it and see if I could use it.

Then, there's Ghostface from the movie Scream. And, since he's in the same picture, there's the Gill-man from The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I paid top dollar for that Ghostface one day when I was feeling down and looking for something to make me a little happier. I shouldn't have, but that's water under the bridge now. The Gill-man at least was at Ross at half its usual price.

Next, we have Pennywise the Clown from the recent adaptation of Stephen King's It. He's a really cool figure, I think, though I also paid full-price for him. Another one I shouldn't have done. Here and there I go for that crap, though. Next to him is another movie monster, The Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.

Those two were in competition with the hanging pumpkin lights I blogged about last time. I had to stuff them back behind to get the shot.

Since we're doing Ghostbusters, I ought to include this as well. Here's the four Ghostbusters showing us how they ain't afraid a no ghosts.

Let's see, next, I have this cool black & white version of Frankenstein's Monster. I threw the goofy graves I got from that At Home store Rish recommended I check out behind the figure, because he was so tall, which meant I had to put him in a big cubby hole. It was pretty empty looking without the graves though.

Since we're doing Frankenstein's Monster, here's another one I got recently when the Universal Monsters figures showed up at Ross. I also managed to get his blushing bride.

By happenstance, there's another Frankenstein's Monster just beside them. That's the one from Scooby-Doo...should I include Scooby-Doo stuff in this post? It's from a TV show. That's kind of the same, right? Oh, that's also a Fortnite Zombie figure up above. I ought to mention that one, because I don't think I'll show the picture again when doing another post in the future.

Since we're talking Scooby-Doo figures, I figure I ought to show my Toony Terror figures. Those came into Ross earlier this year, and I bought a few of them. Not that many, because they tried to charge what was basically the full amount of what you might have paid for them if you'd bought them new. I got Freddy Krueger.

I got Leatherface.

Who is sharing a shelf with fellow Halloween decorations Jack O'Lantern from Marvel Comics and Mumm-Ra from The Thundercats.

And I also got Ash from The Evil Dead trilogy of films.

And, I guess I should go there, here are the other "monsters" from Scooby-Doo—The Headless Horseman and the Ghost Knight.

There's also a little pumpkin and a bird skeleton...which I'm pretty sure Rish gave me one year, though I could be wrong about that. My memory is getting fuzzy.

I've already shown you the Scooby-Doo Werewolf guy in a previous post, so I won't do that again, which means, I guess, that it's time for the piece de resistance of this whole section. Here is where Scooby-Doo and Toony Terrors collide. My Toony Terror figure of Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th ran into the Mystery Gang from Scooby-Doo, and unfortunatley, it wasn't just Old-Man Witherspoon who used to run the Old Abandoned Amusement park, it was the real Jason Voorhees. The Mystery Gang finally met their match, I guess.

Zoinks! Shaggy and Scooby better skeedaddle!

No comments: