Thursday, September 24, 2020

Day 10 (75 Hard)

I got up this morning, and was happy to end my fast at 42 hours with a big plate of bacon and eggs, my usual one pound of bacon and six eggs. There's nothing better than eating stuff like that, and losing several pounds each day while drastically improving my health in every way. 

I'm so glad I've learned the truth about food instead of the crap they've been trying to convince us for the last fifty years. How long do the obesity, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease rates have to keep skyrocketing before we start to think that maybe this low-fat thing isn't the right theory after all? Not to mention all the rest of the chronic diseases that are going through the roof as well.  

It's not the way nature designed things, folks. We've corrupted the whole thing. Try feeding an herbivore meat all day, and see how well it fares. Probably end up with a similarly sick population. 

I suppose we already know, because we feed cows grain all day long, which they weren't made to eat, and then we have to shoot 'em up with antibiotics to keep them alive long enough to even make it to harvesting.

Anyway, I think I was 285.9 on Tuesday, now I'm down three and a half more pounds. Can't complain about that.

Once I got the little guy out to school, it was time to get out there and get walking.


I took a different route than usual just to liven things up a little (the same one I did yesterday; pretty soon it will be the regular route), and while I was walking, I came across this area of the trail.

I had to stop and snap a picture, because I enjoyed the look of it so much.

This place is so very tropical. The humans are barely holding the plants back. The minute we're gone, those plants are going to swallow everything we've left behind whole. It's very different from where I used to live near Rish Outfield.

That place was what Allan Savory would call a brittle environment. If all the people disappeared in Houston, nature would swallow it in no time, but there where Rish Outfield is, the whole place would dry up and blow away. The buildings would last so much longer, because the only things tearing at them would be the dusty wind.

I think there was a TV show that was all about what would happen if the humans would disappear. I remember Rish telling me about it once, but I never did see it. It would probably be pretty interesting.

Anyhow, here's my walking log for today:

I really wanted to know what my actual pace was, so I made sure not to forget to turn off the app when I got home, and I even paused the app while I was taking my picture, and it looks like it's faster than I thought. I was expecting nineteen minutes, but I was closer to eighteen. I wonder if my pace has already improved, or if my previous measures were just plagued with time-wasting activities like stopping to set up a picture of myself.

I don't expect my speed to increase much while walking, but when I get around to running, it should look substantially different.

After the walk, it was time for weight lifting, but I dawdled a bunch, as I usually do. I did some laundry, wrote on the blog post, so on and so forth, and didn't get out in the garage until later than I should have.

It was much cooler than it has been for the last month or so, all the way down at about 75 degrees, thanks to the lingering clouds from the tropical storm. It didn't stop me from sweating profusely, however throughout the entire workout. I suppose that even though the heat is gone, the humidity only increased, so the sweating didn't change a bit.

As I was almost finished, I remembered that I had to be to work an hour early today for my company's diversity, equity, and inclusion training. I had to rush my way through the rest of the exercises (no laying on the ground gasping for air like usual), and then take the quickest shower I could to get out the door, so that I wasn't late.

I managed to get there on time, but a few hours later, I realized that I never ate my second meal of the day. I wasn't hungry or anything, eating fat leaves you satisfied for a very long time, but I was supposed to be started into another 40 hour fast. I could probably do it, but I didn't think it would be a good idea. I have to have enough nutrients to keep my body healthy during this fasting routine. 

That's one of the main reasons that I eat carnivore. Meat is the most nutrient dense food with the most bio-available nutrients, and there's none of those pesky anti-nutrients that you get in plants to prevent you from using the nutrients in your foods.

So, I decided that I had to go out and get something to eat. I swung by the local Burger King, and ordered four Whopper patties. Those are supposedly quarter pound patties,  so I ate a pound of beef. 

I don't recommend going to Burger King, though (not that anyone reading this is going to go buy a bunch of plain burger patties, y'all are shaking your heads thinking that I'm crazy, I'm sure (in fact, I'm pretty sure there's no one reading it at all, now that I think of it)). I usually go to McDonald's if I need burger patties on the go, but the last time I went to the one here by my work, they told me that they usually don't sell patties separately, but their manager made a special exception for me. I couldn't think why that would be, because I've done it at least a half dozen times at the McDonald's restaurants near my house. 

Because of that comment, however, I figured I ought to try a different place. It wasn't worth it, though. Burger King charged $3 for each patty. McDonald's usually charges something like $1.50 or $2, I can't remember for sure. Hell, Burger King is running a special where they are selling two sandwiches for $5, and the Whopper is one of the ones you can choose. 

I could have gotten two Whoppers with the buns, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, etc. for a dollar less than what I paid for two plain patties. Silly.

I know not to try them again if I ever get into a similar pickle in the future.

So, I started my fast much later than usual, not until 6:30 PM, so it's going to be several hours shorter than is my usual. I'm curious what kind of an effect that will have. I guess we'll see on Saturday.

I got my other stuff done just fine, reading my book, drinking my water, and taking my progress picture. I made it through the tenth day. I'm into the double digits now. Only 65 more to go. Tha'ts kind of depressing, but I'll manage. It's like the first month of my 300,000 word writing challenge that I did this year.

No comments: