Saturday, September 26, 2020

Day 12 (75 Hard)

I had big plans for Saturday of getting up, and hustling right through all of my 75 Hard obligations so that I wouldn't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. However, my wife had different plans completely.  I managed to read my book before I even got out of bed, but that was as far as I got. From there, my wife wanted to rearrange the furniture in the family room and the dining room, and clean up the whole place to see just how nice it might look. That took most of the morning.

I eventually did get around to closing my fast, and had some bacon and eggs for breakfast (which is what  I have every day that I eat, pretty much). Here's the deets on my fast:

It was a pretty short fast, because of my forgetfulness on Thursday, but not as short as I thought it would end up being. So, that was cool.

I was about to head out for my walk, but my wife said she'd like to come along with me. She didn't want to go just then though. She had more plans to fulfill...and then she sat on the couch and quickly fell asleep. I didn't go out, and instead did other things, like going grocery shopping for my wife while she napped.

As the day wore on, there was always something keeping me from getting out to exercise, and I didn't finally get out the door until 7:00 PM. It was already past sunset when I hit the trail to begin with. My younger daughter and son decided to come with me, but my wife wound up bailing out on me. My older daughter had gone to work in my wife's car, and my wife's running shoes were in the car, so she had no shoes to wear. All that waiting for someone who never came along in the end anyway.

Look at how dark it was while I was out walking:

Right as we were coming to the end of the walk, the kids found a great big toad, and managed to catch it so they could pose with it for a picture.


 Cute little guy, right? We put him back down in the bushes, and let him get on with his life.

Here's my walking log:


After getting home, I still had to do my workout, so I headed out to the garage. The picture is just as shitty as the walking picture was, despite there being a light right above my head. This is me doing military press with dumbbells.

I have to tell you, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell.

I thought it would be interesting to take a picture of my list of lifts that I do each day. Originally I wrote it out with a pen on a piece of paper, but I recently typed it into the computer and printed it out to make it bigger so that I could read it from across the room. Here it is:


Right now, I do one set of each of these lifts, and call it a day. Eventually, I will organize them by muscle groups, and do multiple sets of only those lifts on those days. Don't know when I'll get to that level though.

Once I finished the weight lifting, I was pretty much done. I just finished up with the water drinking, and took my picture. For once, I read my book early on. So, I was all done, and had made it through day 12. Sure, it was a last minute, late night thing, but I made it.
 

No comments: