Saturday, September 19, 2020

Day 5 (75 Hard)

Hit the trails again first thing this morning. It was the nicest weather I've dealt with so far in either the first five days before I failed the first time and then this past five days again. Is fall coming or something? That seems unlikely.

I love this part of the trail. It looks like one of those tunnels into the scary dark part of the forest that you would see in a movie. 

Like that part in Beauty and the Beast where Philippe and Maurice get lost, and they have the choice between the serene pretty peaceful road where the birds are chirping:


 And the scary dark one that has the sound effect like a ghost breathing down your neck:

 It's not quite that bad, but I do love how dark it is, and how the vines connect the tree branches at the top and make that spot into a complete arch-like tunnel entrance.

Here's my walking log for the day:

I get basically twenty to twenty-one minutes a mile whenever I walk. I wonder what the colors on the map are. Is that where my pace faltered a little? I never pause the workout while I'm taking my picture, which slows my time down. I bet that red spot is where the picture was taken. That seems about right in my memory of where the spot would be.

When I got home, I ended my fast with a nice meal of eggs and sausage. Here's the details on my fast:

Weird, the app doesn't want to load. I wonder if it's going to come back or if it's totally dead. No big deal, I suppose. All it is for me is a timer. 

Okay, this is an update from days later. The app finally stopped circling around the loading picture. Here is the info on my fast.


Well, I'm pretty sure it was about 43 hours or so. The exact time isn't really important. I just fasted from the end of my lunch on Thursday to the start of my breakfast on Saturday.

After breakfast, I loafed around a while (mostly making this blog post), then finally went out to get my weight lifting in:

I know 2020 is a freaky year for the rest of y'all, but you wouldn't believe the Bizarro world that I'm living in. I have to do all these workouts to be able to compete with Rish Outfield. Rish Outfield? Rish Outfield! He's been obsessed with exercise for more than six months now, and I still can't believe it. I only hope I can keep up.

Of course, it's not a competition or anything. Ahem.

Now I've got to go get a dang haircut. I've been meaning to get one all week, but this 75 Hard crap eats up all my free time. Hopefully, as I get into better shape, I won't need so much rest period in between each thing. At least my progress picture will look good from the neck up today.

Yeah, I'm still not sharing those. Not until I'm as ripped as Rish Outfield.

I eventually did the rest of the things required of me by my harsh mistress. I drank my gallon of water, took my progress picture (complete with new haircut), and, at last, read my book. By so doing, I completed day five, and topped my last attempt, where I flamed out at day five because I forgot to read my book. So, huzzah! Now, on to day six.

No comments: