Monday, June 24, 2024

A Mailbox Update

A few weeks ago, I gave my first update of the year for my flowers at the mailbox. Last year, I planted flowers and diligently watered them, and we had something nice in our mailbox planter for the first time since we moved here seven years ago. This year, I was late getting started, so my flowers aren't looking as good or impressive, but they're there. There's something.

I'm making this update, because I finally have something other than just greenery.

My first flowers of the year appeared recently. Huzzah!



The petals look a little wilty. I think they need to be watered more diligently, like I did last year. Especially now that it's gotten really hot. I'm hoping that the plants will get more impressive. My wife grows these flowers in the backyard, and the same seeds make big bushes of flowers for her, but for me they're always just single shoot plants. I don't know what it is about the two spots that makes them so different. I thought that maybe it was too many plants in one little spot last year, but this year I have way fewer plants, and they're still doing the same thing. I guess we'll see if that changes as the summer progresses.

No comments: