Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Audio Progress 6/4

I thought it might be fun to do a quick post each time that I update the audio of A Battalion of Ideas. Finishing this audiobook is my big goal for the month in June, and I think making these posts will help motivate me to keep at it. So, I'll come back again and again to tell you how it's progressing. They won't be every day, but I will post every day that I make any progress.

Here's where we stand at the start:

According to my spreadsheet, I was 51% of the way there...before today, anyway. I recorded for about a half hour yesterday and then another half hour today, and I edited like a maniac, and got 4,597 words from "Chloey, Joey, Zoey, and David Bowie" prepped for upload. I just sent them in, and now I'm at:

Alright! Moving along. That was just chapter one. The rest of the story is a lot shorter than that, even though it's two chapters. It's only 2,738 words, so, hopefully, I can get that all recorded in one shot tomorrow...or soon, at least. Depends on how tomorrow goes, I suppose.

My plan is to record a little bit each day. If I can record for a half hour or so, then I can chug along nicely and probably be done well before the end of the month is even close. We'll see.

I can't say how many hours the final product will be, considering I haven't even recorded it yet, but my other books have been about 8-9 hours long. This one should be somewhere around that. Got a ways to go...and they're off!

No comments: