Sunday, June 2, 2024

In The Nick Of Time

I had three big goals for this month. They were all pretty challenging, and I was struggling to achieve them. One of those goals was to publish my third volume of the Short Fiction Collection in eBook, paperback, and hardcover

The eBook was the simpler process. It requires little formatting, because it's not permanent. Readers can change the font size and so on and so on making it appear different to every person who looks at it. So, I managed to get that published by the 15th.

The paperback and hardcover are more challenging, but the good part is that they are the same. These days, paperbacks are all trade paperback size, which is the same as a hardcover book. So, I only have to make one manuscript and then just paste the right ISBN into it before publishing. Formatting it, however, is quite a pain in the behind.

I worked on it her and there for the several weeks after publishing the eBook, and I was really close to finished as the month was drawing to a close. I was determined to be successful on as many of my goals as possible, so on the 31st, I sat down to finish up the formatting and refused to get up before I was done.

I wound up going to work without a lunch because of that, but I managed. I formatted the manuscript, and made the cover for both the paperback and hardcover and got them submitted before I left for work, and I achieved one of my goals! Huzzah!

On Saturday, I got an email saying that the books had been cleared for sale, so all three of the formats that I pledged to have ready are up and available for purchase. Feel free to grab a copy in whatever format you like best, and I hope you enjoy it if you do.

No comments: