Saturday, February 2, 2019

Playing Keep Away

It was my six-year-old's birthday this weekend. Now, he's my seven-year-old. For his birthday present, we got him a set of roller blades. They came with a plastic strap attaching the two skates together that I had to cut off to make the roller blades operable. I thought it was pretty funny when I saw this tag attached to the strap:


These are kids roller blades. How and why are we supposed to keep them away from children? I know, I know, they're not talking about the roller blades. They're talking about the strap. I suppose they are trying to prevent someone from strangling themselves with this cord. I think they mean keep the roller blades away from the children until the cord has been removed and discarded. Seems to me that if they had a cord that they want to stay away from children, then they should have not included it on a set of roller blades that are for children. Just put them in the same box, and that ought to be enough.

No comments: