Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Seasonal Decorations

I've been doing big crazy displays for the major holidays in fall/winter. You can see my blog post about my Halloween and Christmas displays here on the blog.

After what they refer to as "the holiday season" passes, however, there's not a lot to do for decoration. I don't really have anything for January's holiday, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. February has Presidents Day, and I do have something that I could put up for that, surprisingly. A few years ago they were producing Pez dispensers of all the US presidents. I only ever saw the box that had the first five presidents, but I happened to be a Pez addict at the time, so I bought them. Perfect Presidents Day decorations...not that many people will even notice them hiding on the shelf.


Also, as soon as the Christmas stuff was clearanced out, they immediately put up Valentine's Day stuff at the store. It's usually not a big holiday for decorations though. I'm not a Valentine's hater like Rish Outfield, but I'm also not going to deck my study out in hearts and crap. I do have two Pez dispensers that are Valentine's themed though--a little monkey and a little bear, each holding hearts. I needed more, though. There was room on the shelf for four of them. What to do? maybe I could put up a couple that's known for having a loving relationship or a great love story? I have Cinderella and Snow White and Sleeping Beauty and so on...but who am I kidding. They are never in a million years going to make a Pez dispenser of any of those girls' princes. Those guys are just arm candy, good for showing off at the ball, but barely even in the movies that their future brides headline.

Then I had it! Behold, the most loving couple that I have...flanked by their cute Valentine monkey and teddy bear:

No comments: