Sunday, August 2, 2020

Gotta Get Away, Even If It's Just For The Day

Everything mostly sucks these days, and it's been bringing me down. My wife noticed, and decided we ought to go out and do something fun on the weekend. So, today we headed out to the beach.


It was a nice getaway from the grim reality that we get to face day in and day out right now. We played in the waves, walked down the beach, made sand castles, and soaked up the sun. There were little schools of fish that kept swimming through the shallow water near us, and my son was determined to catch some.


His plan to do so was to scoop them up with his sand bucket, but of course they didn't stick around for him to ever get close enough. He was determined, though. He wasn't going to give up easily.

I tried to help him a little by telling him to stand still with his bucket in the water, and I tried to chase them toward him, but the fish were too smart for that.

The only thing that finally got him to let the fish be was when we started digging for crabs in the sand. We had more success with the crabs. Here he is showing off the crabs we caught.


It was a nice day on the sand, and it rejuvenated my spirits a bit, and I'll be needing it, because the real world didn't changed for the better while we were out on the beach.

No comments: