Sunday, April 7, 2019

A Walk On The Wild Side

As I mentioned in my sunflower post earlier this week, I've come to really appreciate the beauty of flowers, and it doesn't stop with the cultivated and curated ones. Here in Texas, we've got tons of wildflowers. I noticed them the very day that I drove into town. Coming down I-45, the roadside was blanketed in dozens of varieties of wildflowers. It made for a really pleasant drive.

We have a lot of trees in my area, but anywhere that the trees have been cleared, the wildflowers flourish. That means that the roadside is a riot of color everywhere I drive. These past few weeks, the wildflowers have bloomed. Today, I couldn't help but stop in a parking lot on my way home, and get out to get some shots of the decorations that Mother Nature set out for me to enjoy. Hope you like them.


These pink ones are called Pink Evening Primroses. They're everywhere around here, and I really like them. They tend to fill every last inch of roadside available to them.






This yellow flower in front of the primroses I believe is a Texas dandelion.


As they say, everything's bigger in Texas.


Better too. These are much prettier than a regular dandelion.

These white ones with the yellow center are known as Coreopsis.


Although I might be wrong about that. I saw something else called Coreopsis on a different website.





I think these are crown tickseed.



That's my wildflowers for today. I'm sure I'll take more pictures before the season is over.

No comments: