Wednesday, April 3, 2019

April...Powers?

Last month, Rish decided to make it his goal to write every day of the month. He called it March Madness, or Gladness, or Radness, or Sadness, depending on how he did. He bothered me pretty relentlessly to join him in the goal. Since I'm the world's laziest, least worthwhile human being, I mostly ignored him. I did read his blog posts about his process though, and despite all the struggle and hard work that he spoke of, it kind of made me wish I'd taken him up on his challenge.

Well, now it's a new month. A new chance to make a goal and keep it. A new chance for Rish to renew his push to get me writing. Which he did. April 1st was no joke for me. It was texts and phone calls suggesting that I better get writing.

Well, yesterday...April 2nd, not the first...I finally took him up on it.


I pulled out my Christmas story that I started in December but left fallow for yea these many moons, and wrote another 300 words on it. 301 to be exact. I guess that means I'm going to have to keep it up. There's a whole month to go. I'll try to keep you updated on my progress throughout the month, and we'll see how this whole thing goes.

Oh, I was thinking I could emulate Rish's March Madness/Gladness/Radness thing, but April Showers is the only thing that I could come up with that is April related. So, I modified it to April Powers. Does that suck as bad as I think it does?

No comments: