Sunday, May 1, 2022

Biker Scouts!

Okay, damn, I'm so out of control. I told you about how I was thinking about getting the Batcycle and the uh, Catcycle in a previous post, and how I assumed they would probably wind up on clearance. I guess I couldn't wait that long, because I bought both of them already.


I justified paying full price by saving my receipt so that I could return them and get them for cheaper if they ever did go on clearance. Last time I tried that, it didn't work, though.

I don't much like the mud spatter that they put all over the Batcycle.


I think I'm going to have to get out my paint brushes and get rid of that garbage. I can do much better weathering than that.

I'm not a fan of what they did to the figures either. Those stupid scratch marks or battle damage or whatever it's supposed to be is not impressive at all. It just looks bad.

I thought it would be super easy to get off, though. I've seen tons of people put acetone onto unwanted paint on their figures and just rub it right off, but no matter how I scrubbed at it, the paint remained on Catwoman's leg.


I guess I may have to see if I can't match the paint and just paint over it or something. Not cool. I didn't want to have to deal with that.

Worse yet, my compulsion convinced me to buy these at full price when I was willing to bet that they would be on sale in a month or two. I wonder if my overeating compulsion has just been replaced by a toy buying compulsion. 

Now that I'm eating carnivore, I don't get the usual flood of endorphins from my food like I used to. If I've just replaced one problem with another, though, that's not a positive thing. I need to get endorphins from something good like exercise or maybe creative processes like writing and...heck, repainting and customizing toys. 

I have stacks of stuff that I wanted to repaint or customize in some way. I need to find a way to throw myself into that, because I know from past experience that finishing up those kind of things gives a lot of endorphins as well.

The question is, how do I make myself do it?

No comments: