Thursday, May 26, 2022

Getting The Band Back Together

One of the things I like most from Rotgut Station is the pictures he has at the club when a band is playing. They're always a little goofy, like his custom Daft Punk figures playing with robot accompaniment:

Or, the full on alien band, including Max Rebo, Droopy McCool, and Sy Snootles; a member of the Modal Nodes; and...others.

It's something that I definitely want to include in my own diorama, so when I saw a figure that could be a part of that the other day...

Well, I actually passed on it. I've never bought a Roblox figure before, and I have even less idea what that game is about than I do with Fortnite. I passed on it, but of course I remembered where it was that I saw it, and every now and then, I considered buying it when I went to the Walmart again.

Well, in a moment of weakness the other day, I finally gave in and picked it up. It's not a bad figure.

Although it is a little cartoony.

I love the instruments, though. The Keytar and the Guitar are great...although the guitar is a weird shape that makes it look more like a lute or something.

I don't know what the heck this character is supposed to be. I think he might be a mummy or something. He has pale skin like an undead character, and his arms are wrapped in bandages. He could just be a goth, though. He also has purple hair, so there's that.

There is another Roblox character that is supposedly a companion to this one. It's called Luna Galactic Popstar.

She comes with a mic, a mic stand, and a guitar...and I'm tempted to get her, but her eyes seem so big that she's even more cartoony than this one I just got.

If I had any skill, I might consider repainting them, but I most certainly do not have skill at that. She kind of makes me think of Rainbow Brite or Jem and the Holograms, though. I don't know. I'll have to think about this one. I'll probably skip it, but I'll be watching for when the Hasbro Vintage Collection comes out with Figrin D'an.

I want to get the entire band when that becomes possible. They're doing the whole band in the six inch scale guys, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they do the rest of them in 3.75 inch. Notice that he comes with three instruments, so you can get three of the same figure, but have them all playing different instruments, therefore they are three different members of the band.

Wade the Spiritual Rocker is like that too. I like is that he came with two instruments. I could put any old character next to him holding the other one, and the band is already on its way.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but there is a line of figures called Reaction Figures, where they make figures that look like what would have been made for a property back in the '80s. Basically, they're supposed to be like the old Star Wars figures. Except they make them for everything. Every property from Back To The Future to The Golden Girls.

They're doing a bunch of different music related figures recently, and I have to admit that I am sorely tempted to get the Run DMC figures they made.

They cost twice as much as other figures that I buy, and have so little in the way of articulation that you can't pose them in any way, so I probably won't get them. But I really am tempted. Imagine how cool the club in Ankletown would be with Run DMC taking the stage every night.

Who's house? Run's house!

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

I instantly thought of Rainbow Brite myself.

I watched a video recently on why ReAction figures cost so much, and they figured it was because of licensing deals. Or it could just be that they CAN charge so much.