Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Cat's In The Cradle

 The other day, Empire Toy Works posted this picture on his Instagram channel.

 Before seeing that post, I would never have considered using a Transformers Ravage as a cat robot with my other figures. For that matter, I hadn't even noticed that the toy was on the pegs right now at the Walmart that I constantly went to looking for more bullshit to buy.

But, the next time I went looking for bullshit to buy at Walmart, I saw that Ravage, and realized that it was the one from the photo. It was a great size to be a 3.75 inch scale robot cat. So, as you might have guessed, I bought it.

I do really like it. One thing I want when I build Ankletown Station is for it to be teeming with droids, and particularly droids from all different toy lines, not just Star Wars (although I do want the majority to be Star Wars). Most Transformers won't fit in with Star Wars and GI Joe guys, but this one is perfect.

And it's totally different from the robots in any other line. So, that's my favorite part. Also, it could make the perfect pet for my other cat robots that I talked about in my previous post.

Don't they look great together. Can't you just imagine the scene as the cat robot comes home from a long day at work, opens her apartment door and is greeted by her loving robot cat that's been waiting for her...to feed it. So she opens up a can of nuts and bolts, pours it into a bowl, and the robot cat chomps them all up with a crunchity-crunch-crunch-crunch.

Although, more likely is that when the cat robot and the robot cat finish a days work, their owner switches them off, and puts them on the power charger, and stuffs them in the closet for the night. They are robots after all, why would they have an apartment?

Speaking of being stuffed in the closet, this Ravage is a Transformer, and he's not one of the Transformers R.E.D. line that do not transform. I obviously want it to be a robot cat and not a cassette tape, so I won't be transforming it very often. I did think it might be funny to have a little 3.75 inch figure holding a transformed ravage saying, "Hey, does anybody know who this gigantic cassette tape belongs to? Somebody left their gigantic cassette tape here. Have you seen an enormous boombox anywhere? Because whoever has an enormous boombox has probably misplaced their gigantic cassette tape."

Turns out that this Ravage doesn't turn into a cassette tape, however. I found a picture of its transformation on Amazon. This is what the robot cat is supposed to turn into:

Yeah, I have no idea what that is supposed to be. Maybe Ravage lives on Junkion with the other Junkions, and when he transforms into his disguise mode, he turns into a pile of garbage. That's really all I can see in that picture. Anyone else have any idea?

No comments: