Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Rebirth Of Spring

I figured that I could do no better for an Easter post than to show you the wildflowers that I saw yesterday when I went for a walk...the first walk that I've gone on this year, and, in particular, the first since Marshal and I started the Road to 50 Challenge. It was really pleasant, and it made me wonder why I haven't been doing this all along.

What I saw mostly were these tickseed flowers.



I kept trying to get a picture that would communicate just how abundant the flowers were. This next one is the best I could do.

They just covered the slopes leading down to the canal.

The next thing I found were the Pink Evening Primroses. They are usually one of the most plentiful flowers out there, and while they are quite prevalent on the roadsides, there weren't as many as usual by the canal.



 That was most of what I saw. I did get to see a couple of Indian Blanket flowers.

And these itty-bitty baby's breath-like flowers that I think are called fleabane.

And, something that I always find interesting, these thistle flowers.


I think of those as being desert flowers, so it always seems strange to me to find them in such a rain-drenched, humid environment as Houston, but I guess they're just fine, because I saw plenty of them.

So, that was my Easter post for you. The wildflowers are back, the world is turning green again, and we can finally be happy again.

Oh, one other thing, you wouldn't believe who I ran into while I was out...well, actually, maybe you will, because it makes perfect sense. That's right, I found the Easter bunny out hiding the eggs for the kids.

No comments: