Friday, April 28, 2023

Solving The Employee Shortage

About a year ago, I made a post about my desire to get the food-related Fortnite characters to be the waiters and cooks at the diner I want to put in my space station. It was too expensive back then, when it was selling for full price though.

Then I started seeing it appear at Ross. It still seemed too expensive, though. They wanted $19.99, which, when you do the math comes out to $5 a piece for the figures. That is exactly what I pay at Ross when I buy the solo-packaged figures, and I never balk because of the price with them, but buying four at once, made it feel too expensive.

Well, this week, I lucked out and found them at a Ross on sale from that original price. They'd marked it down to $13.99. That made them $3.50 a piece, and even I couldn't complain about that, so I bought it.

In my wanderings, I've bought a Peely (the banana guy) and a Tomato Head (the guy...with the...tomato for...a...why am I telling you this?). In fact, I accidentally bought two Tomato Heads, because I'd forgotten about buying the first one when I saw the second one.

So now I've got the serving staff. I just need the restaurant...maybe I need to stop dreaming and start building.

No comments: