Thursday, October 1, 2020

Best Halloween Decoration I've Ever Seen

 I came out the door this morning to send my kid off to school, and he said, "Oh, cool, look at that scary tree."

The neighbors across the street had put out their Halloween decorations yesterday, including this absolute masterpiece:

I was blown away by how awesome it was. I want one for all of my trees too. Holy crap does that thing look great. I assume they bought it at a store somewhere, but it looks like it could be homemade too. However it came to be, whoever made it, brilliant job. It has single-handedly made me feel more positive about Halloween.

Up until today, I was feeling really down about Halloween. Trick-or-treating is going to be another point of contention in our f@#$ed up society. I expect it to be as divisive as the mask thing, and it takes all of the joy out of one of the best holidays of the year.

I didn't feel motivated to put up my decorations in my study like I have in years past...

...but now...well, maybe I'll put them up after all. I guess I'll post some pics here if I do.

No comments: