Thursday, October 8, 2020

Day 24 (75 Hard)

I didn't weigh myself at all today. I was afraid that if I saw the number on the scale going up, I might change my mind about skipping fasting. Today would have been a normal eating day, but all days are eating days now. I got up and went straight out on my walk:

Here's my walking log:

Although it's pretty useless this time. I didn't take 55:20 to do my walk today, and I didn't have a 23:52 per mile pace either. I forgot to turn off the app when I got home. I was home for about ten minutes before I realized it though.

I've done that many times before, so a lot of the time the numbers are off.

One really cool thing that happened today while on my walk was when I saw a blue jay. I've never seen one before. They don't have them in the west. They don't range out into those dry, desert areas where I've lived my whole life. They had a bird that I'd always called a bluebird growing up, but apparently its technical name is the California scrub-jay.

I've seen Stellar's jays before in some of the national parks I've visited. Here's a picture I took the last time I was in California in the redwoods:

Before I moved to Texas, I'd also never seen a cardinal.


I was pretty excited to see one of those for the first time with my own eyes, but those things are drab and boring compared to a blue jay. Sadly, I don't have a picture of my own, but it looked like this one:

Wings and tail all covered in stripes just like that. It was so cool.

When I got home, I didn't waste much time, moving straight into my weightlifting routine. Here's me doing one of my most hated exercises, lunges.

I went inside and took a shower immediately afterward, and for good measure, I read my book as soon as I got out, and even took my progress picture early instead of waiting till the moment I head to bed.

The one thing I forgot to do was drink any water all morning long. I wasn't really feeling thirsty, so I never thought about it. I got hungry before I ever got thirsty. I made bacon and eggs for my meal, and ate that before heading out to work.

I struggled all day with water. I just didn't want to drink any. I wasn't thirsty at all. I had to basically force myself to drink all day, and I still had about half a quart to go by the time I was heading home from work. I usually leave my cup at work, but I had to bring it home with me so that I could finish it off as I drove.

Just to make sure I didn't have to wake up several times in the night to pee, I made sure to spend about an hour and a half editing on our October Dunesteef episode so that I could do most of the peeing before I went to sleep. That was probably wise, because I think I peed three times during my editing session.

No comments: