Sunday, October 4, 2020

Day 20 (75 Hard)

 Sunday in Austin went better than Saturday in Austin did...of course that doesn't really mean much considering how poorly Saturday went. We kept our sights set low. All we planned to do was go canoeing on Ladybird Lake. After the hubbub of the wet bed that wasn't peed in from the night before, we slept in later than we might have otherwise done.

We didn't get out of the hotel until right before the required checkout time. We went to have breakfast at what was basically lunchtime. We went to a restaurant that is supposed to be pretty good, a big deal in the Austin area, called P. Terry's. Everybody else had things from sandwiches to french fries to milk shakes to banana bread. I just ate plain unadorned hamburger patties.

After eating, we went to the lake, and miraculously found the boat rental place open for business. My exercise for the day was paddling the canoe around the lake, which we did for an hour. I didn't really get a picture of the exercise part, because there wasn't a good way to do so, but I do have a picture of me on the lake. Just a couple of crappy selfies but it's proof.


They're weirdly blurred, because I had a plastic Ziplok bag over my phone to prevent it from becoming the victim of a stupid accident. Considering how the trip had gone so far, I think I was justifiably paranoid. Truthfully, I was expecting one of us to drown at this point, but nobody did. We all came off the water in the same state that we went on. The bad luck seemed to be a thing of Saturday only, and didn't follow us into Sunday at all.

Nevertheless, we were ready to just give up and go home after we were done canoeing. We got in the car, and started the long trip home. We stopped at Buc-ee's again on the way back to fill up with gas, and while we were there, I inquired about buying some of their barbecue brisket by itself rather than as a sandwich. They sold it by the pound, and I bought a pound of it to have as my lunch, and last meal for the day. It was pretty yummy.

We got home in the late afternoon, and as soon as we had the car unloaded, I headed out for a walk, so I didn't have to do it in the dark.

It was nice to walk on a trail that didn't have concierges barring you from entering without a reservation.

I came home, and finished up drinking the water I needed, read my book, and got my progress picture taken, fulfilling all the requirement for day 20. Pretty cool to have made it through another set of ten days, even with all the issues of this weekend I managed to keep it up. Only...aw shit...55 still to go.

No comments: