Saturday, October 10, 2020

Day 26 (75 Hard)

My wife's friend from work was getting married today, and it was happening relatively early in the morning, so rather than taking my usual early morning walk, I had to put on a tie and a dress shirt, and drive almost all the way to Galveston to watch his marriage.

When the wedding was over, they said there were light hors d'oeuvres to eat afterward. I was thinking something like little sandwiches or something similar to that, but no, what they meant was Halloween candy and cupcakes. Needless to say, I waited until later to finally eat. I did have a glass of water, though.

I didn't get out for my walk until well into afternoon. It was much warmer than I'm used to. The morning temperatures have been pretty good recently, but this late in the day, it gets pretty hot.

Here's my walk log. A little slower than yesterday, surely that was due to being completely worn out from creating all that sweat.

After getting home, I went straight out to the garage, and did my weight lifting. I was pretty tired for that one too. I took a much longer break than usual between each lift. I don't really care, though. As long as I finish, that's all that matters. Here's me doing push ups.

I looked up the other day just how much weight you actually lift when doing push ups, and the internet says that it's about 75% of your body weight. Kind of amazing that I can push that much weight up at all.

After working out, I went inside and sat on the couch. I wanted to go take a shower, and get ready to go grocery shopping, but I was just kind of tired. Instead of doing anything, I fell asleep there on the couch.

I had the weirdest dream. Me and my wife were in the visitor center of a state park or a national park or something, and we were about to enter the park, but we had to pass a screening test for Covid-19 before we were allowed. 

Up until this moment, I had been fine, but when the lady asked me if I had experienced any of the following symptoms, I was suddenly overcome with an intense dizziness.

I had to sit down, but that wasn't even enough, because I fell off my chair. The weird thing about the dream was that the dizziness was real. I could feel it the same way I would have if I had been awake.

For the next while, I wallowed all over the floor, insisting that I was okay, but then falling over if I tried to get up. It was so weird and unpleasant. When my wife woke me up, and I realized that it was just a dream and not real, I was so relieved.

There's something absolutely horrible about not being able to control your own body. It's like they say, if you don't have your health, then you don't have anything.

Is dizziness a symptom of coronavirus? I don't think so, but I guess I'm sitting at the computer, I could look it up.

Nope, looks like the symptoms are:

  • Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea
So, I guess I was safe even in my dream...from Covid anyway, there was possibly something even worse wrong with me, but wakefulness healed me. Hallelujah!

Anyway, I managed to get my book read, picture taken, and water drank, despite the dreamed dizziness and wedding time waste. So, I've made it through day 26.

No comments: