Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Day 23 (75 Hard)

So, yesterday was the end of week three. I started doing Big Anklevich on Health videos again back when I started #75Hard up, and I was a little late in getting to my video this week. Let me include it here as part of this post.

So, as I explained in my video, I've decided to eat differently. I'm a big fan of Kelly Hogan's My Zero Carb Life YouTube channel. I've been watching a bunch of her videos, and she's not a big fan of fasting. Here's a couple that you can watch if you like to see what I mean.


I mentioned in my video the side by side picture of Kelly weighing 140lbs, one taken while she was using fasting as her method to lose weight, the other after using zero carb carnivore to lose weight. The comparison was like night and day to me.

I've said it over and over as I go through this process that the most important thing to me is health, not weight loss. I could have called my YouTube channel Big Anklevich on Weight Loss, but that's not what I'm after. I called it Big Anklevich on Health, because that's why I'm here.

Generally, losing weight is going to be beneficial for someone like me, and I don't think that I damaged myself doing the fasting that I've done over the past few years. However, if there's a better way to do it, that doesn't involve excessive hunger and fixes health issues as well, maybe I ought to try it. So, that's what I've decided to do.

From here on out, I will no longer be fasting, just doing the zero carb carnivore way of eating.

So, today was my first day of not doing alternate day fasting. Up until now, I've been skipping any and all meals on Wednesdays, but that was out the window. All bets were off! It was a free-for-all!

Okay, it was nothing like that. In fact, I was very careful to make sure that I didn't do anything stupid like that. Just because I'm not fasting doesn't mean that I'm eating three meals a day with snacks in between and so on. I'd gain back the weight I lost so far in an instant.

Instead, I'm eating meat until my body tells me I'm full. That's when I quit, and I don't eat again until my body tells me that I'm hungry.

For those of you who have never eaten keto or carnivore, you don't understand how unbelievably filling eating like that is. I generally don't have to eat for about 24 hours after eating a meal if it's a carnivore meal. If I eat carbs, then my stomach is rumbling within the space of just a few hours.

So, this morning, I got up and waited for my stomach to start rumbling, telling me it was time to eat. While I waited, I went for my walk. Here's my log:


When I got home, I continued to wait for the hunger, eventually doing my yoga as well. Our vacation over the weekend helped me to get out of the habit of taking workout pictures, and I've gotten so bad that I didn't get one of the walk or the yoga. I gotta do better at that.

I even went in and took a shower, still waiting. It was time to head out to work, and I was still only barely beginning to feel the outer edge of the hunger storm. I decided that I would warm up my food--some ground beef I'd cooked up a week ago, a couple of burger patties, and a leftover egg that my son didn't eat from his breakfast--and eat it now rather than bring it to work with me.

I sat down and stuffed my face with it, and probably overdid it. I think I ate a little past my body's full signal because there was just a little bit left, and I needed to clean my plate right? Wrong, that's a mentality I have to work my way out of. I'll see if I can do better tomorrow.

I read my book, drank my water, and took my picture, completing all the requirements for another day. I'm almost a third of the way done.

No comments: