Sunday, October 4, 2020

Rebranding

I was at Walmart today, and I saw one of those robots that they have wandering the floor doing something...something nefarious I'm sure. Anyway, it looks like they've gone a different way with the robots now.

The robots are called Bossanova robots now. This is what the one I saw was doing:


Yeah, they drive around the store playing a nice soothing elevator music-sounding bossa nova groove.

I guess that's a new thing, though. They used to drive around playing different music, I guess. I never saw it personally, but a few months back, Rish Outfield mentioned them on a post on his blog, and here is a picture of the robot that he saw on that day:

Not sure why they'd need to change that. I'd prefer the original robots myself, but maybe the choice of music made the people think of how robots will one day replace us all, and then murder us to clear up some space for more robot factories or something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry, that was such a dumb joke, I should never have perpetrated it upon you. Forgive me.

No comments: