Monday, October 5, 2020

Unloved

They give us treats at work on a regular basis now that we have to show up in person despite the ongoing pandemic. Sometimes it makes me laugh, because the treats are all unhealthy, and will only increase the likelihood of covid doing us significant harm if we manage to contract it.

I used to have real troubles avoiding the treats, but now that I'm doing #75Hard, I do just fine.

Today, they had a pack of cookies out, and I found it pretty funny to see what became of it.

That's one of those Costco variety packs of cookies. It comes with 24 cookies. Eight chocolate chip, eight white chocolate macadamia nut, and eight oatmeal raisin.

I couldn't help but laugh because, as you can see, all of the chocolate chip cookies and all of the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are gone, yet there are still five oatmeal raisin cookies.

It made me wonder just what exactly is the deal with oatmeal raisin. Why do people dislike them so much?

Granted, if I had a choice between the three cookies offered in the box, oatmeal raisin would be my last choice as well, but I'm a sugar addict, so I'd eat the hell out of whatever they had on offer. If I was eating carbs, I would have just pounded every last one of those cookies. 

Hopefully I'll never get there again, because if there's anything that isn't worth the calories, it's oatmeal raisin cookies, amiright?


No comments: