Friday, October 9, 2020

Day 25 (75 Hard)

Today was another hurricane day. There's been a bunch of them this year, and this is the second one since I started #75Hard. Well, that's not quite true. The first one, Beta, was just a tropical storm not a hurricane. 

So, I had to head out into a rain storm for my outdoor exercise today. It wasn't bad, however. The storm hit way over in Louisiana, basically the exact same area that took the brunt of the even fiercer Hurricane Laura about six weeks ago. They haven't even gotten all the debris cleaned up off the side of the roads yet, and they're already getting hit again.

All I'm getting is a little wet, so I can't complain much about that.


Here's my log, that's a pretty respectable time, 19:40 per mile. I wonder how long till I will feel like I can try running. I want to lose a lot more weight first I think. It may not happen until long after #75Hard is over.

Friday's means yoga, so I went home, put on my Rodney Yee video, and followed along.

Work was a little crazy today, as you might expect when you're covering a hurricane. At one point, I did get a second to go outside and get a picture of the angry looking sky.

It looks foreboding, but it cleared out not long after this, and we had a normal sunset a few hours later, unlike the poor folks in Louisiana.

It should have been easier night at work, because it's also high school football night, which, as you might have guessed, they go all out for in Texas. We do a ton of high school football highlights, and the sports guys edit that stuff themselves, but somehow I still stayed as busy as I would have been on a non-football night.

I've been trying to read my book on my lunch break, but I didn't manage to do that today because of how busy it was, so I had to do that...and take my picture after getting home. Sooner or later, I'm going to space it and forget to take my picture and have to start over. I am in bed most nights before I remember about the picture, and I have to get out of bed, and go take the picture before I can go back to bed and go to sleep.

Oh, today is day 25 too. That should feel more significant to me. I'm 1/3 of the way through this undertaking. Doesn't really matter to me though. Probably because most days, I have no idea what number I'm on. I have to sit down later and blog about it to actually find out (I'm writing this on day 28, so I missed the chance to celebrate, and it means little to nothing now).

It's funny also, because I have no idea when my actual last day is. I tried to work it out with a calendar, but I could be off, because there's always that weirdness about counting the day that you are on. Sometime at the end of November, I think. That's good enough for me. I suppose as it gets closer, I'll care a little more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Down in front; how do you expect us to see the TV when you are doing that?
Dave W.