Friday, May 13, 2022

IG-11 And More

I am getting pretty bad with toy buying. I think it might be my sugar addiction transferring over to something else ruinous. Instead of destroying my health, I'm destroying my finances. At least I'm not addicted to drugs, which destroy both your health and your finances.

Anyway, we were all at Walmart the other day, and everybody was picking stuff that they wanted to buy. My daughter bought that Appa toy she'd been wanting for a while, my son bought a Lego minifigure, my wife and daughter were trying on clothes and picking stuff to buy.

I was joining in, and was about to buy a few shirts, when I realized that I didn't need nor want anymore shirts. I had plenty, and if all goes well, I won't need shirts in this size for much longer. Instead, I decided to get IG-11, who was hanging on the pegs at this Walmart, the last Star Wars figure that wasn't a Lando Calrissian.

The cool thing was that they dropped the price on Star Wars 3.75 inch figures. Instead of costing $13, they now cost $10. So, I saved money...slightly, by not buying those shirts.

This IG-11 is really cool. I don't know if I've ever had a 3.75 inch figure this posable.

I could get him into all sorts of poses, and it was fun to see what I could pull off...couldn't quite manage the Iron Man landing pose...just needed to be able to bend the neck up, though, and it would have worked.

I think he may be more posable than the six-inch IG-88 figure is. I think he'll be a cool addition to my growing 3.75 inch collection.

A few days later, I was at Walmart again, and everyone else was getting stuff and I wasn't, so I decided to throw on a Fortnite figure. This is The Paradigm.

I think it will fit right in with Star Wars guys and the like. It looks good right beside IG-ll.

Since we're talking about all the unwise purchases I've made recently in an attempt to populate my own personal version of Rotgut Station...that I haven't even begun to build yet, I should point out that I also got this guy this week.

He's an interesting color...that I'm totally going to destroy. I'm going to grunge up his armor so much that you won't be able to tell what color it was originally. Then I'll probably put an alien head on the body as well.

These Halo figures are really posable as well. I'm pretty impressed. They feel like somebody simply shrunk down the mold for the six-inch figures without changing a single thing. I love them.

All of the new guys need weathering, though. That's one thing that I've noticed about Rotgut Station that makes every picture look so good. The guy doesn't leave any of his figures as is. At the very least, he makes sure to weather them a lot. I mean, look at these police guys he has.

I'm pretty sure they are just this generic body from Marauders.

But added weathering and drybrushing makes it look way more detailed and show up a lot better in the photos. I need to start requiring myself to finish customizing any figure I buy before I am allowed to buy another. I've got a huge pile of stuff I need to customize. I should do that instead of going to the store.

What would I write about on this blog if I did, though?

No comments: