Sunday, May 8, 2022

Tygra

Isn't that the name of the rapper guy who got with one of the Kardashians for a while?

Oh, wait, my wife tells me that guy is named Tyga, which is totally different. Totally different, and not at all a ripoff.

Tygra is one of the Thundercats.

Crap, not that either. I'd never heard of Thundercat until he showed up in a Star Wars show, but it makes me sad that he just straight up ganked the name like that.

Anyway, the other day I mentioned that I got some preorders from Big Bad Toy Store. They broke the bank on me, but I was still happy to get them. A few years ago, I got the first two members of the Thundercats that Super7 made figures for.

They announced Tygra and then Cheetara, and I preordered them, but Super7 had issues at the factory, and there were all sorts of hold-ups, and that was before Covid-19 arrived. Once Covid hit, things only got worse. So, it feels like I preordered my Thundercats ages ago. We're talking Pleistocene here, folks.

Last weekend, though, Tygra finally arrived on my doorstep. They come in a brown protective box.

Inside that box was the actual box, which was as fancy as a toy box could be.

That shiny sleeve is so cool. I feel like a monster just throwing it away, but what else am I going to do with it? I collect toys, not boxes.

These figures cost $45 a piece, which is probably the absolute ceiling for me when buying a single figure. Although they have raised the price now, and newer figures will cost $55. I wonder how much of that price goes to creating this ultra fancy box.

Inside the sleeve is the actual box with the figure inside.

I don't know if any figure is worth $45, but this one is really great. It definitely does have more to it than a simple Marvel Legends figure. When I got it out of the box, I found the whip that he comes with. It's freaking awesome. It makes for an awesome pose.


It's so awesome. It looks amazing. Sadly, I can't fit it on the shelf if he's holding the whip. I'm going to have to move the Thundercats to a different spot (which I knew was coming no matter what, because there's way more of them than can fit in that slot made for two to three figures). For now, I gave him the collapsed whip to hold and put him beside the other two.

And I put the whip back in the plastic and kept it that way

I'm pretty sure it will always have to be stored that way to keep it in its shape since it's just a piece of plastic that will surely bend and droop over time.

This figure is pretty great...of course it better be at the price they charged. I'll never understand the people who buy those Japanese import figures for more than $100 per figure. That's just crazy talk.

No comments: