Thursday, May 5, 2022

This Time It Really Is The Final Faction

I talked about Final Faction a couple of posts ago, the Dollar Tree toy line that a lot of people are using to make their own custom figures. I grabbed a ton of them, but it turns out that Final Faction wasn't done with me. Somewhere around the very next day, I saw a video by someone else saying that wave 2 of Final Faction was starting to hit in stores.

The next day, I started to see some of them too. A lot of them just looked like the same alien figures just in a different color. If I was going to use any of those aliens, I was going to be repainting them already, so I didn't bother with buying any of those.

They did have a new robot guy, though, so I grabbed a couple of those.

I like this guy as he is. He could use some repainting, but beyond that, I don't think I'd change it any. Makes for a fun little droid.

The thing that really blew me away, however was that the dollar store toy line now has a frigging vehicle. An honest to god vehicle.


That thing cost $2.50. The main cage and wheels of the thing come in a little box, and you assemble that. Then the other box that you buy separately contains those black armor pieces that snap on to the cage of the vehicle, and the guns that go up top.

I can't believe that such a thing can exist. I don't know what the heck I'll do with it, but even if I just chuck it in the garbage, I'm not out a lot of cash for it. I wouldn't do that, though, because all those pieces could be used as greebles on the side of a building or something, but it's a vehicle and it fits for 3.75 inch figures like Star Wars or GI Joe.

I still can't get over that. A vehicle, and it doesn't totally suck, for $2.50. Just crazy.

No comments: