Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Mr. President

In a post a few weeks back, I mentioned how I'd found the Boss Fight Studious Mini Kit head packs that I'd bought with Rish years ago. One of them was the crustacean, the other was the great old one. They were blank, though, and needed to be painted up.

I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with them. The guy who does Rotgut Station made his crustacean into the doctor at his med clinic, and I did look into doing the same thing as that...but I didn't want to just straight up copy him. Seems like it would be better if I found some  other way.

I needed something much better than that for the horrible, terrifying Lovecraftian head, though. He couldn't just be a simple doctor. Cthulhu would be something much worse than that. Then I had the idea...he should be the ruler of the whole place. 

That's what the great old one would do. He would be a despicable dictator. One that has "elections" that always seem to come out with him winning resoundingly, a landslide every time.

I thought of President Business from the Lego Movie, but this guy could be worse. We'll call him President Government.

I just needed to get him a suit to wear, and paint up the head and hands. It was going to be glorious.

I painted the head and hands a sickly green color with yellow accents, gave it a black wash to highlight the details, then had to redo the yellow accents because they'd become way too subdued after the wash dulled them. I was really pleased with the results.

I went to Target, where they had the Fortnite Agent Jonesy figure, wearing a very presidential blue suit with a red tie. I removed his head, and Cthulhu's head popped right on in its place perfectly. The hands were a different matter. They connected to the body differently, so I had to cut them off and drill a hole for the hand pegs to insert into, but quickly, I had my President Government constructed and ready to perpetrate some tyranny.

Maybe I need to get him some secret service agents that are always surrounding him, and watching for assassins as he goes from one meeting to another.

I think they have those at Marauderinc.com. Oh, yeah, a bunch of different options, too.

Should he have secret service though? Or just a bunch of really thuggish guards, like our old pal Laka Baba? Some stormtrooper looking guards instead of secret service...hmm...I don't know. I guess maybe he could even have both.

No comments: