Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Saddle Up

At Target, I found a Masters of the Universe Origins Battle Cat on sale for $7.50. I already have one, though, that I bought months and months ago at full price.

A few weeks ago, I had the idea that maybe I could create some kind of a cool mount for a figure to ride on my Christmas shelf. The idea was based on the picture I saw of an Acid Rain mount called a Snow Gugee.


It's really fun, but there's no way I'm buying one. It'll cost me $135 to buy it, and I really don't have that kind of money. I've got $7.50 though. So, my idea is to take that Battle Cat, and convert it into something similar to this.

At Halloween time, I'm gonna get me a cheap white wig, or maybe I'll just get some white fur from the fabric store, and glue it onto the thing in strips until I have something similar to what you can see there in that picture. Maybe I can get some kind of horns from a cheap barnyard toy set or something. Should be fun.

Also, I've got a cool saddle that came with the Battle Cat. I think I might paint it a different color and put it on the polar bear that my Mythic Legions figure rides at Christmas time.

I've meant to make a saddle for it for a while, but maybe this is the better route.

It's a little small, though. When I push it, it fits on the back perfectly, but the plastic is really rigid, so it pops back to its old shape. Gonna need to hit it with the heat gun to see if I can get it to stay in the new shape.

No comments: