Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Getting Contributions

My 10-year-old son, Little, really likes my idea to create Ankletown Station and populate it with all sorts of crazy, fun 3.75 inch figures. He told me that each day when he sees the new stuff that I've added to the cast of characters, he gets more excited.

He wants to be a part of it, so he started making his own contributions. I came home from work a few days ago, and found these two spaceship pilots on my desk with a note saying I could add them to the town.

That's Poe Dameron in his pilot jumpsuit and the other one is a rando A-Wing pilot. I don't know what her name is. She has one, because all Star Wars figures do these days, no matter how nameless they were in the movie (no more Hammerheads and Walrus Men, now it's Momaw Nadon and Ponda Baba), but I don't know what this figure's name is. She is Resistance A-Wing Pilot.

I got Little the X-Wing for Christmas one year in an attempt to convince him that Star Wars was as cool as Harry Potter or Pokemon. He liked it just fine, but I don't know that he agreed with me, at least back then. The sequel trilogy didn't appeal to him. He did eventually become a fan when the Mandelorian came out though. So, Huzzah!

The X-Wing was what came with Poe Dameron. He's been sitting in its cockpit on a shelf in my son's room for years, and Little decided it didn't make any difference if he was in there or not, so he brought it down for me to add to my group of spaceport denizens.

The deal was the same with Resistance A-Wing Pilot. I found the A-Wing ships on for $5 at Five Below a few years ago, back when the bottom was dropping out for those toys that nobody wanted from Rogue One, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi. I didn't really have a spot for an A-Wing on my own shelf, but I couldn't turn down the deal. This was an originally trilogy spaceship, and it was selling for $5!!!

So, I got it for Little, he put it on his shelves, but just this week realized that the figure in there doing nothing could be better put to use in Ankletown Station.

So, the cast grew by a few.

The next day, Little gave me another one that he found in his room.

I gave Little this Luke Skywalker back when I found the Luke and Wampa two pack at Ross, and bought it so I could add to my family of Wampas in my Christmas Display.

I had two wampas, but I also had two Lukes. I only needed the one that I had hanging from the ceiling like a Christmas decoration, so I gave the second one to Little. Well, now he's decided to give it back. So, I have a Hoth Luke on Ankletown Station too.

Lastly, Little found this one in his toy box and brought it to me.

That's the Darth Vader that came in a two-pack with the Imperial Probe Droid. Oh, now that I think about it, that droid will probably be coming my way when it gets located too. I guess I'll do an update post when that happens. 

I found the Darth Vader two-pack at Ross, and got it for Little because I wanted him to have a Darth Vader. Now I guess he wants me to have a Darth Vader, because he's given it back.

He's a sweet kid, and I'm pretty happy to see him excited about doing it with me. I'll have to involve him in the process of making it as much as I possibly can. You gotta take advantage of it when kids want to do something with you, because it only lasts so long, and Little is my last one, so it's my last chance to do it right.

No comments: