Sunday, March 5, 2023

Easter Decorations

Now that we're into March, I figured it was time to get out my Easter decorations. I know that most of the country is totally snowed in, so it probably doesn't feel right to you, but here, it's very much well into spring. Pollen is everywhere, the allergies are pounding us, it's warm and it's green, so I'm putting up those bunnies.

First of all, there's the Bunny Brigade led by Marvel's White Rabbit.

I put them into a smaller cubby hole this time around, so their Happy Easter sign hangs a little low. I'll probably need to fix that by cutting the garland a little shorter.

Then I put up the Nitehare, because what says Easter like a homicidal looking pupil-less bunny rabbit with a gun.

I put up these two Fortnite guys, one is an actual Easter skin, the other is just a figure wearing pastels that made me think of Easter. I figured if I put them both together, and gave them happy Easter signs to hold, that they would communicate Easter to the person looking at them...who, let's be honest, is only going to be me, so I say it's fine.


I put up the two Bonnie figures I have from Five Night's at Freddie's. One is a standard Bonnie, but the other one is Easter Bonnie, and is painted up like an Easter egg.

My last Easter display is the Sentinel from Fortnite, which is basically a Gundam-looking character, but a rooster Gundam. Seemed perfect for my decorations. I gave him a bunch of eggs that he could be protecting for his harem of hens.

Is that silly? Am I stretching this too far? I'm starting to think that maybe...well, never mind. It's too late for introspection now. Plunging forward!

That's the last of the added figures, but I Eastered up a few things as well. Speaking of silly, here's what my AT-AT looks like.

Similarly, I changed out the head of a Halo figure to make it look like this:

Those are both similar, yet differently-sized bunny heads from the dollar store.

Another thing I got from the dollar store are these signs and Easter eggs.

I stuck them here and there on the shelves.



Then I got out these little felt bunny heads that I got at the dollar store, and stuck them on top of other characters because I thought they looked funny.




Yeah, that's far sillier, but it makes me smile, and precious little does that these days, so I'm going with it, and I don't care what you say.

Lastly, there's these cute little bunny erasers. I got the last pack of them at the dollar store last year, but yesterday, I found them completely restocked for the new year, so I bought three more packs of them. There's eight per pack, so I now have around 30...I don't think I have all eight from last year.

I put them anywhere and anywhere on the shelves. I thought it would be fun to have a sort of game where you see how many of the little bunnies you can find. I had my son do it this morning, and on his own he was only able to find about 15. He was very surprised when I told him there was at least twice that many.






My favorite, which was Little's idea, are the bunnies that got skewered on the various swords that my characters are holding.




And, it looks like we've made it to the end. If you're still reading, you're a brave soul. Thanks for sticking around through all my silliness. And a happy Easter to you...in a month or so, whenever Easter is this year.

No comments: