Monday, March 27, 2023

Clearance Has Finally Arrived

My local Walmart put a few things on clearance at the end of January or so, but it wasn't much of a clearance. In fact, I think they went back and marked everything up to the most expensive price that had ever been asked for each item and then marked it down 10%.

There were several items that I thought I would be willing to buy on clearance, but when I saw the price, I just laughed out loud and walked away. I could have gotten those things for ten bucks cheaper the day before they put them on clearance.

Everybody else felt the same as me, because these things stuck around for a long time. They marked things down another level, and all of us turned up our collective noses. Then they took them down another level, and I said, "Maybe if they drop one more level, I'll finally be willing to grab one of those."

Well, that day finally arrived. This ship from the Lightyear movie dropped all the way down. It used to be $40 and now...

It's made for five inch scale figures, but I think it will work just fine for the four inch figures that I've been collecting to make a space station for.


The cockpit will need a little bit of modifications to work. It's made to fit one five inch figure, but it should easily be adjusted to a two-seater for four inch figures.


My nephew, who is a huge collector of the original 1980s GI Joes, told me that he has a box filled with broken vehicles for use in just this kind of situation, so maybe I'll hit him up for some cockpit seats that will work with this ship. 

It'll be fun to customize this ship. Over at Empire Toy Works, he customized the five inch scale Lightyear Armadillo, and it looks pretty rad, so hopefully this one of mine will be just as cool.

2 comments:

Rish Outfield said...

I found a 1996 Dash Rendar Outrider today at the thrift store, and thought of you and your doomed spaceport.

Big Anklevich said...

Never heard of Dash Rendar before. He looks like what Han Solo would be if Rob Liefeld designed him in the 90s.