Monday, March 13, 2023

The Early Spring Flower Post

Last year, I made a post all about how my wife had managed to finally grow some flowers here in Houston. We used to grow flowers all the time, and I'd do a post about it every year with pictures of our best ones, but since coming to Houston, the best I had were posts about wildflowers I had found on my walks around the greenbelt trails.

She managed to grow a great bunch of zinnias last year, and they looked great. Today, she was walking past the window with the vacuum when she saw something in the backyard. She ran out to look at it, didn't even put the vacuum down to do it.

Here's what she saw:


Yup, that's an all new zinnia that reseeded itself. Pretty cool...unfortunately, it reseeded itself in the rocks, where there aren't supposed to be any plants. We're going to have to pull that thing out of there pretty soon. We'll wait a little while though, and enjoy the blossom while we can.

No comments: