Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Rish Loves It When A Plan Comes Together

 

I've been doing covers for Rish Outfield for a little while. Not too long ago, I was talking to Rish, and he jokingly confessed that his endgame for this process of me doing covers for him was for me to take over and just start finding the new picture myself and making a new cover for all the bad old ones that he has on Amazon.

Looks like Rish wins, because today while I was looking at his published stories, I saw the cover he had for his story "Popcorn Movies." It used to look like this:

It's not a bad cover, but it could be better. I mean, it has that awful drop shadow. I thought I could quickly find a picture and improve it, so I went on Unsplash and found this shot.

I cropped it, added the title and author, and had a similar cover to the one he had but with better typography.

So, without even doing a thing, Rish has another new cover. His plan has come together...and weirdly, I want to make even more and more of them. He might as well have used some kind of Emma Frost mind powers.

1 comment:

Rish Outfield said...

Fly, my pretties, fly! Fly!