Thursday, October 18, 2018

Anatomically Correct

I talked about how I've been more into doing the Halloween decoration thing this year. I've been thinking I need to get some cool additions for my shelves. Of course adding Halloween themed toys is one thing I'd like to do. Maybe I should get this Mego-style Count Dracula?


Can't decide with that one. I'm not old enough to have the nostalgia for Mego, but there still is a certain charm to old-style toys like the ones from before my time. For example, I'd love to get my hands on some of those really cool wind-up robot toys that were really popular in the fifties.

I texted the picture to Rish and asked what he thought. Apparently he doesn't like Mego either.


Back to Halloween, there's also this skeleton statue that I've seen in several places:


I really like the look of it. Seems like it would be especially good on a bookshelf, because the skeleton looks like it's sitting on the floor listening to someone read a book out loud, doesn't it?

There's a lot of skeleton statues available these days, and they've gone way beyond human skeletons now. I find them to be pretty funny though. Like this dog:


I'm not sure if that skeleton is quite right. Does that skull have ears and a nose? I've felt a dog ears before, and they don't have bone inside them...

Or this rat:


A rat is scary enough as it is, but a skeleton of a rat should be much worse. Instead, it looks possibly cuter than a non-skeletal rat. Silly. Why the bony ears and nose? Is it because they assume no one will recognize a dog or rat skull for what it is without adding in a bunch of stuff that doesn't belong?

Then I saw the worst one of the whole bunch:


Do I even need to say anything? I'll just say exoskeleton...and maybe invertebrate. That is all.

No comments: