Thursday, October 11, 2018

More Halloween Decorations

A few weeks ago I posted about adding a few toys to my bookshelves, along with a ton of lights and spiderwebs, to decorate for the Halloween season.

Now, I'm totally all in the mood and stuff. So, when I was at Walgreens today, and I noticed that Imaginext has some figures that would make good Halloween decorations, I was immediately interested.

I used to collect Imaginext figures with my son a few years ago. A local grocery store had stocked them in as seasonal stocking stuffer type items for Christmastime. Then, when they didn't sell, they put them up for half off on clearance. Then when they still didn't sell, they went down to 75% off. We scooped a bunch of them up, and then started buying them more and more often, until we'd pretty much collected all of the ones that were even remotely good.

I even got a few of them for my own collection, so we had two of a few of the figures in our household. Anyway, after all of that experience, I kind of have a soft spot for these figures, even if I know they are very much for kids. They're cute and little and silly, but then again, all sorts of people collect those Funko Pop figures, and they're nothing other than adorable...except for the ones that have the creepy lifeless eyes...wait that's all of them isn't it? Maybe I should start collecting those for putting up at Halloween.

Anyway, I picked up some of the Imaginext guys to give to my son if he's ever inclined to be a good boy. But I also got some for myself. They have this cool Yeti guy:


Is he Halloween enough? Maybe not. Maybe I should save him for Christmas...but he is a monster. So, I'm standing by that decision.

I had to go to a second Walgreens, that was basically just down the street, to find the one that I really wanted. Behold, the grim reaper guy:


When I saw the reaper's face, I realized that I had another Imaginext guy that I needed to add to my display from before when my son and I were buying them up. I'd gotten myself the Dia de los Muertos mariachi guy. It took me forever to find the little thing in my box in the closet, but I was able to add him into the display as well:


I wonder what else I could add in for some more spooky Halloween fun. At the very least, when Halloween passes us by, I'll be heading out to get some stuff on the big All Saints Day blowout sales.

No comments: