Sunday, August 25, 2024

Batwing

When I was at Ross, I also got this little Hot Wheels Batwing.

I looked at it several times back when I was seeing it for full-price at Walmart. Was it right for the 1/72 version of Ankletown Station that I want to build? Or is it too small. Well, at Ross princes, I can afford to give it a shot.

I almost lost my stand for it. I opened the ship at the gas station while I was filling my car up on the way home, and I threw the packaging in the garbage can there. When I was done gassing up, I got in and drove across the parking lot toward Sam's Club to get some eggs. As I looked at the ship laying flat on the dash board, I thought it was weird that it didn't have a stand. Then I realized that it probably did and I probably threw it away.

I almost wrote it off, but the garbage can I'd put the packaging in had been changed out recently, and there was nothing inside of the can. It was basically clean, and if I went back, I could scrounge my packaging back out and grab the stand without getting covered in slime from somebody's half-eaten Big Mac or something.

So, I drove back, parked, and walked over to the garbage can. Right in front of someone who was now filling their car with gas, I pulled the package back out, found the clear plastic stand that I'd neglected to remove, and grabbed it out. Now my Batwing can fly.

It's pretty nice. It's die cast metal, as Hot Wheels usually are, making them superior to the other cars on the market out there. I set it up next to one of my Micro Galaxy Squadron X-Wings.

Seems to me like the sizes are pretty close, and that the Batwing fits as a 1/72 scale ship. So, I'll add it to the mix. Pretty fun!

No comments: