Saturday, August 10, 2024

Cross-Contamination

When I went to the At Home store the other day to look at Halloween decorations, I saw this, and kind of laughed...

Yeah, that's a Christmas tree. But I guess it's actually a Halloween tree. It's a pure black tree with a sort of bluish-purple lights strung into it. I guess the Christmas tree manufacturers are trying to expand their market or something.

I think it would be more fun to use it as a Christmas decoration. I saw several different kinds of ornaments with ghosts and pumpkins and crap around the store as well. Wouldn't it be fun to put up a black Christmas tree in December and then sit back and wait to see what people's reactions were?

It makes me think of back when Covid started up, and some people thought, even though it was the middle of the summer, that people needed cheering up, and they encouraged people to put up their Christmas decorations. I joked with a few people that were willing to hear tasteless jokes at the time that I wanted to pitch in and help everyone feel better, but that I didn't have much in the way of Christmas decorations, so I was going to put up my Halloween decorations early. Surely everyone would enjoy to see all the skulls and skeletons that I have to put outside my house, right?

No comments: