Sunday, August 18, 2024

Ross Finds

A while back, I got all the members of the Guardians of the Galaxy in 1/18 scale for use on Ankletown Station...at least, all the members of the Guardians of the Galaxy that were in the movies, that is. If you're a comic book fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy, then you know that Nova was always one of the main members of the group. I remember some people jokingly speculating that John C. Reilly would be brought back in the second movie and established as Nova, but they never did go for Nova in any of the movies.He is a pretty big character among the cosmic characters like Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos and the like, so it would make sense to see him on a space station like Ankletown Station.

Well, I found a figure of him at Ross.

These Kenner-like throwback figures are made to look like original Star Wars figures...and they're really lame. I should have just walked away from it and not bothered, but it was only $3. That's how much a Kenner figure cost when I was a kid. If you factor in inflation, then it is the equivalent of a figure costing $0.75 when I was a kid. Even a lame figure, I probably would have bought if it only cost 75 cents.

I wonder if putting some weathering on the figure would make it look a little less awful. Probably won't help a ton, but it certainly won't hurt. I'll have to do it later. It's not going to be the centerpiece of my collection, though. 

They really did make it like the old Kenner figures. It's shorter....3.75 inch scale not 4 inch. Look at him compared to the Deathstroke that I got in yesterday's post.

Deathstroke looks like he could easily take that guy's lunch money.

Nova wasn't the only thing that I found, but he was the only thing new. I also found some Halo guys.

I like taking those guys and swapping their heads out for aliens or something. I made a really cool custom with a Ponda Baba head on a Halo Spartan figure. They kind of don't fit in so well with 1/18 scale figures though. If it seemed like Nova was out of scale, look at these guys.

They're in scale, however, as long as you know the lore of Halo. Apparently, these Spartan guys are specially chosen because they're so big. They basically chose the largest men on earth as their protectors against the alien invaders, so calling them out of scale would be like complaining that an NBA figure was out of scale with your soccer player figures.

I think I have one of each of these guys already, but if I swap the heads out with a Weequay or a Nikto or something, then they'll be all new guys, so that's not really an issue. I have an awful lot of these guys, and I'll surely get many more before I'm done.

No comments: