Thursday, August 22, 2024

New Inspiration

The other day, I was watching this guy called Toys Are The Way on YouTube. He had a video showing off several of the custom figures he'd made for his Star Wars Vintage Collection...uh, collection. I was going to embed his video, but for some idiotic reason, he has disabled that feature, so the best I can do is include a LINK. In the video, he shows off his customs, then he mentions a website that he got all the heads for these guys from. It's Scoundrel's Stock.'

I went there to check it out, and was really inspired. They have tons of available 3D-printed heads, and most of them can be acquired in 1/18, 1/12, or even 1/6 scales.

You can get an Ishi Tib head.

Or a Rodian head...although the female head is the only one available in 1/18. For some reason, the male one can only be had in 1/12 or bigger. That disappoints me.

You can even get a full kit to convert a regular figure into an Ithorian like Hammerhead.

After watching the video and then seeing these heads, I am super excited about making customs. The other day, when I was at Ross, I saw a couple of Star Wars Vintage Collection figures that I already had. One was Mace Windu and the other was an Obi-wan Kenobi. I left them behind. I don't think I'll ever do that again. If I can just get a head from these guys and plop it onto the body and I have a whole new character, then there's never a reason to leave a figure behind at Ross, no matter how many copies of it I have. Look out wallet, here I come.

No comments: