Wednesday, August 28, 2024

A Christmas Miracle!

Back in July, I got the last of the Dreadnoks in the mail, and I talked about him. I probably spent the majority of the post, however, praising the toymakers for making the glasses on Torch sculpted on instead of being a removable piece like they were for Buzzer and Ripper. I bemoaned how I'd lost the glasses on both of those figures. I managed to find the glasses for Ripper, by getting down on my hands and knees and rubbing my hands across the rug until I felt the bump that the tiny classes created. I couldn't see them with my eyes, but I couldn't miss them with my hands as long as I went so far and to rub the floor on my hands and knees. I never found Buzzer's glasses though...

Until today! I couldn't believe it. It was completely by chance. I was certain that my wife had vacuumed them up during one of her weekly passes over the rug, but no, they were never on the rug to begin with. Instead, they'd flown backward and landed onto a stand that was on the shelf behind the figure. 

This week, I started putting out my Halloween figures for decorations...I wanted to make sure that I actually got around to it this year, because I haven't done it for the last two years in a row, so I started really early. When I pulled out that stand, I noticed something sitting on it and--oh my gosh!--it was the glasses I'd assumed were long gone. Now I can stick them back on the guy's face, and he looks good again!

It's neat when something like that happens. I never expected to find them again. I was certain that I would have to buy some off eBay, and the only listing I had seen for them was for $10. $10 just for the glasses! Glad I didn't have to do that.

No comments: