Monday, August 5, 2024

More Skellies

While I was in Canada, I got an email from The Four Horsemen, the toy company that makes Mythic Legions figures. I have a few of them that I put up in a display every Halloween. I got a new one to add to that display that I talked about back in April. I suspected that I wouldn't be buying any more, though, because I had all of the ones that were good. Aside from those, they just had ones with red bones or fluorescent yellow bones and the like. I didn't want that at all.

But when I got that email, they informed me of the new figure in the collection that they were making available in their newest in-stock sale. This was the Skeleton Legion Builder II. I expected it to be so similar to the others that it wouldn't matter, but then I saw it. It was different from anything they'd ever done. It was just a naked skeleton. No armor. No nothing. I loved it. I had to have it. I ordered two.

They came quickly. The day we got home from vacation, they arrived on my doorstep.

Check those things out. They're so cool! Several companies have made similar skeletons, but they've always been a little too pricey for me. Not so with these ones. I quickly pulled them out and posed them with accessories they came with.

As bare skeletons, they are exactly the same, but that doesn't seem weird, since everybody would look pretty darn similar if scaled all the way back to their skeleton. They came with a shield, spear, and sword for each of them, so I just swapped out the accessories to make them seem a little varied.

Also, they came with six sets of alternative hands, including a pointing finger for each hand. So, I made the sword-bearer pointing with his other hand rather than holding the same shield the other one had. I have enough Mythic Legions figures, that I think I could easily find other stuff for them to hold if I wanted them to look even more different.

I'm not so sure that they'll fit on the other display that I put up with the graveyard and the trees and the vampire and demon too.

But, they'll look good on their own as well, I bet. So if they won't fit, then I can put it in another spot. Halloween is going to be epic this year. I haven't put it up in years, so there's tons of things that I've acquired but have yet to display. I can't wait to see it all up there. I think I'll start putting them up now so that I can have it all up in time for the season. Maybe if I start now, I'll get it all done by September. Switching it all out is a little daunting, sometimes, and I often get lazy and don't bother, but I ain't gonna do that this year. No sirree!

No comments: